Iodine CAS 7553-56-2
1. Iodine CAS 7553-56-2 Product Information:
|Synonyms:||Iodine (JP15/USP);Iode;Eranol;EINECS 231-442-4;Iodine [JAN];Diatomic iodine;LUGOL;MFCD00011355;Jood;Iodio;Jod;Iodine;IODUM|
|Boiling Point:||184 °C (lit.)|
|Melting point:||113 °C (lit.)|
|Density:||1.32 g/mL at 25 °C|
|Solubility：||Soluble in DMSO|
|Appearance:||Dark brown crystal granule|
2. iodine deficiency
Iodine is one of the essential elements of the human body, maintaining the body’s essential metabolism. There is about 20~50mg in adult body, distributed in the muscle, thyroid, skin, bones, central nervous system and plasma. Iodine is the main raw material of iodine-containing hormone (thyroxine) secreted by thyroid, accounting for about 20% of the total amount of iodine (about 8mg), so the physiological function of iodine is reflected through the role of thyroid hormone.
Thyroxine could activate more than 100 kinds of enzymes, promoting protein synthesis, growth and mental development, maintaining normal mental state, metabolism, body shape, etc. Iodine deficiency in human body causes local goiter. Iodine deficiency of fetus causes cretinism, so pregnant women should intake iodine appropriately, eating seafood, such as kelp, seaweed and so on.
3. What is iodine?
Iodine is the second halogen element which was found after chlorine. Iodine is a non-metallic element in the main group Ⅷ of the periodic table, and the symbol is I. It has radionuclides of 123 iodine, 125 iodine and 131 iodine respectively. Some data about it are as follows: Atomic number 53; atomic weight 126.9044; electronic configuration 2,8,18,18,7; relative density 4.93; melting point 113.5 ℃and boiling point 184 ° C. The common oxidation states of iodine in the compounds are-I (iodide), + Ⅴ (iodate), + Ⅶ (periodate). Iodine is a shiny crystal with the color of atropurpureus. It sublimates slowly to obtain gaseous toxic iodine that has a purple color and irritating smell.
4.What is iodine used for?
- Mainly used to manufacture iodide, pesticides, feed additives, dyes, iodine tincture, test paper, drugs, etc.
- Used as electronic industry materials and high purity reagents.
- Used for capacity analysis and colorimetric analysis.
- Used for the basic raw material for making inorganic iodide and organic iodide. It is mainly used in medical and health care to manufacture all kinds of iodine preparations, fungicides, disinfectants, deodorants, analgesics and antidote of radioactive substances. Used for the synthesis of dyes, smoke extinguishing agent, photographic emulsion and antibacterial agent of cutting oil emulsion in industry;
- Used to manufacture electronic instrument such as single crystal prism, optical instrument such as polarizer and a glass being capable of transmitting through infrared rays;
- Used for leather and special soap. Iodine is a good catalyst in organic synthesis reactions of methylation, isomerization and dehydrogenation;
- Used as a separating agent for alkanes and olefins;
- Used as a stabilizer for rosin, tall oil and other wood products;
- Used as a refining agent for high purity zirconium, titanium, hafnium, silicon and germanium;
- Used to formulate equivalent solvent, determinate iodine value, calibrate concentration of sodium thiosulfate solution.
5.USA Iodine CAS 7553-56-2 Tracking
6. Hot Selling Products
BMK Oil CAS:20320-59-6
BMK Powde CAS:5449-12-7
PMK Oil CAS:28578-16-7
PMK Glycidate Powder CAS:28578-16-7
4,4-Piperidinediol hydrochloride CAS:40064–34–4
KS0037 CAS 288573-56-8
Bromazolam CAS: 71368-80-4
Metonitazene CAS: 14680-51-4
Protonitazene CAS: 119276-01-6
There are no reviews yet.